Changes in Weilbach
In 1931 Weilbach entered into an agreement with the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office, the main global producer of nautical charts. Weilbach gained a Danish agency for the Hydrographic Office’s nautical charts, which allowed it to expand its product range and its services on offer to Danish shipping companies.
Until the 1950s, Weilbach competed with another nautical chart supplier in the Danish market, but since the late 1950s it has served as the main supplier of nautical charts to Danish shipping companies.
Iver C. Weilbach did not have sons or daughters and in 1908 he promoted Captain Knud Prahl to partner in the company. Prahl had a background as master mariner, and this was the first time a non-family member became part of the company management.
Gradually Iver C. Weilbach withdrew from daily management in the company and he died in 1921. In 1916 Captain Carl V. Sølver was made co-partner with Knud Prahl in the company, and upon Prahl’s death in 1928 yet another master mariner, Anker Svarrer, was made co-partner.
The company was owned by subsequent managers, all of whom had served as master mariners early on in the careers. In 1961 a holding company, the foundation of Iver. C. Weilbach & Co. A/S’s Legatfond, was established and it has served as the sole owner of the company since 2005.